[rrd-users] Empty sections in AREA on graph, but values in database

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at vandenbogaerdt.nl
Thu Aug 28 11:41:06 CEST 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Brinkmann" <thomas.brinkmann at email.de>
To: "list rrdtool" <rrd-users at lists.oetiker.ch>
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:03 AM
Subject: [rrd-users] Aw: Re: Empty sections in AREA on graph, but values in
database

> Sorry, typo - it was of course CDEF instead DEF.
ack

> With the order
> "CDEF:stufe_debug=stufe,1,EQ,stufe,2,EQ,stufe,3,EQ,stufe,0,EQ,+,+,+,10,stufe,25,*,IF"
> --> Result ist "10" in the graph - one straight line.
>
> Currently, stufe is "2".

Which means, currently, "stufe,1,EQ,stufe,2,EQ,stufe,3,EQ,stufe,0,EQ"
matches from start to end.
What is really interesting is to see what the original graph shows,
everything else being the same. If that graph still shows the empty parts,
then there is no relationship between those and your original CDEF.

I'm starting to believe the problem is not in your RPN and not in your data
at all.