[rrd-users] Value under the cursor

Johan Elmerfjord jelmerfj at adobe.com
Thu Dec 11 11:20:34 CET 2014

Hi Seenu,

I would say - No, at least not out of the box.
rrdtool can create images of different formats, but as long as they are static images - nothing will happen when you hover over them.

If you instead use some of the data exports (sending datapoints to the browser) - and render the graph in the browser using some library (JavaScript, Flash, Java, HTML5?),
then you will get the functionality that you are referring to, and can add zoom and other things..

I don't know if anyone on this list has a functionality like that working already - or know a framework that supports RRD already - but I'm interesting in finding out.

For a while back I started looking into a layer over RRD so I could get a standardized interface to the data - no matter if it was stored in RRD or some of it "competitors".
But that work never really started - unfortunately, but it would still be nice to know if anyone knows of one.

/Johan