[rrd-users] Input values normalization

ENTRESSANGLE, ERIC (ERIC) eric.entressangle at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Feb 19 17:15:34 CET 2014

Hello,

Sure it helps !

With a --step 1 and cacti's poller frequency set to 1 minute :
Initially I had RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:2592000 (for 30 days), and I changed it into RRA:MAX:0.5:60:43200 as suggested by you. And it works, I do not have normalization, and only a value per minute in rrd files.

Just to be sure to fully understand what's happening when poller's frequency is 60 seconds and step is 1 second : for the RRA:MAX:0.5:60:43200, from which 60 PDPs is the CDP calculated, since we have only 1 sample value ?

And what do you mean exactly by "As long as RRDtool is fed with integer timestamps" ?

Thanks a lot

Eric