[rrd-users] Beginner question: "rrdtool.exe graph" started from windows shell does not produce any graph nor error message

Petr Lázňovský lazna at volny.cz
Wed Jan 8 12:29:37 CET 2014

I have read both manual and tutorial again and discovered missed parameter "LINE1:traffic#xxxxxx"

It`s pitty the author hide this important sentence at the very end of document: "You need at least one DEF and one LINE, AREA, GPRINT, PRINT statement to generate anything useful"

Should I consider those parameters as a mandatory minimum? Without AREA,GPRINT and PRINT, still got valid graph. Can someone explain me this?

L.