[rrd-users] Beginner question: "rrdtool.exe graph" started from windows shell does not produce any graph nor error message

Petr Lázňovský lazna at volny.cz
Wed Jan 8 15:41:26 CET 2014

Got it now, after studying documents again. Controlling rrdtool is more 'programming conditions' rather than 'run utility with a command and modify it`s behaviour by some non-mandatory parameters'. Something like difference between 'cut' and 'awk' utility for example.

For non-programming people like me, this could be crucial information and should be written on the top of page with bold font. I spent(waste) many hours with google to try understanding how this work.

But how many non-programming people dealing with rrdtool..... Maybe you are right....

Anyway, thank you for help and comment.

P.L.

BTW: I read in many documents (often more than 10 years old) so MRTG3 will be merged with rrdtool, is it still actual information?