[rrd-users] Fetch the time of the first entry

Steven Sim unixandme at outlook.com
Tue Jul 1 15:29:42 CEST 2014

Simon;

Something is seriously wrong and I don't know what it is.

My Perl script parses the data file just fine.

It plots just fine.

The legends are correct

The dates are correct.

BUT when I use rrdtool first <rrd database> in an attempt to get the time
of the first entry, I get a Unix time stamp which is one entire month
EARLIER than the first entry in the file.

And each time I do update, rrdtool first <rrd_database> returns a DIFFERENT
number.

The rrd database is created with an RRA sufficient to contain an entire
month with readings taking every 15 minutes (900 seconds).

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Deepest Regards
Steven Sim