[rrd-users] How is the "now" value is calculated

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 10:48:20 CEST 2014

"Silver, Jonathan" <jonathan.silver at unify.com> wrote:

> Yes, you are correct and I can modify the ganglia code, but I cannot figure out the parameters.
> I see very few parameters that ganglia sets.

The point being made is that RRD does not decide AT ALL what to include in a graph. You feed it a graph definition and it draws it - if what it draws is 'wrong" then what you've fed it as a graph definition is wrong.
Somewhere within Ganglia is code that asks RRD to draw a graph. It's not a package I know anything about, so I've no idea how much of the graph definition is hard coded in the package, and how much is done in definition templates (which is how Cacti does it).

TL;DR version - you need to find out how to change what Ganglia asks for.