[rrd-users] Actual Step used

Robert C. Seiwert rob at vca.com
Tue May 6 01:39:37 CEST 2014

I noticed that using when you specify step it doesn't always seem to be used. Is there a way to see what step is actually being used? I need the step to be able to solve for the date of X. It seems to me that if a=lslslope and b=lslint and I know the max value of y I should be able to solve for x=(max-b)/a. This will give me the number of steps from the start of the trend but I need to know how large the step is to actually get a date. By fixing the graph size and date range I can calculate step as (end-start)/pixelwidth but I'm not 100% sure that logic is valid.

It seems to me I should be able to

CDEF:step=trend,PREV,TIME,trend,TIME,-

Where trend is a trend line, but that doesn't work. Is there a way to see/print what step is actually being used?