[rrd-users] How is the "now" value is calculated

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Thu May 29 23:45:26 CEST 2014

> I'm ok with that but it's not really the current data that I have a
problem with
> But the graphs for last day, week, month and year show really off values
for
> "now".

Remember that, on your 'weekly' graph (for example), the 'now' value will be
the latest value in the RRA you are viewing.  If this RRA has a consolidated
step size of 30min, then the 'last' will be the 30min average whereas the
'last' on a 'hourly'  graph may be the actual last sample (if the RRA in use
has 1cdp=1pdp)

Steve Shipway
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz