[rrd-users] be more selective with datasources to plot

Alceu R. de Freitas Jr. glasswalk3r at yahoo.com.br
Mon Oct 13 19:28:41 CEST 2014

Hello Simon,
Not sure if I made myself clear.
I'm first using fetch to loop over the same data interval I would do for graph. Inside this loop, I will get the names of data sources that actually have the values I'm interested to see.
Out of the loop, I have all the data source names. I can then supply those names with the other parameter to generate the chart.
I can post part of the code if it makes easier to understand.

     Em Segunda-feira, 13 de Outubro de 2014 11:37, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk> escreveu:

 Alceu R. de Freitas Jr. <glasswalk3r at yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> In most of cases, only part of those datasources will have interesting results (~8% of datasources will have values near zero). I would like to filter only the datasources that have a value greater than a threshold.

Fetch isn't a useful tool for this. Use graph, and PRINT (not GPRINT) to get the values you want (eg data source and max value). You can then use these in a script to dynamically generate a graph which only displays the data sources of interest.