[rrd-users] Can I stuff an RRD with data after-the-fact?

Johan Elmerfjord jelmerfj at adobe.com
Tue Sep 16 22:19:31 CEST 2014

Hi Alan,

That sounds right to me.

You can specify the starttime of the rrd-file when you create it,
like:

rrdtool create $rrdFileName --start 1325372400 --step 300  ..and all the rest...

Hopefully that solves your problem.
RRD needs to fill in all the values from start until your first value - so creating a file long before your first value will probably be slow on the first update.

But that can easily be detected and adjusted I assume.

Good luck!

/Johan