[rrd-users] Bar graph by hour, day, month

bsuarez at free.fr bsuarez at free.fr
Mon Sep 29 16:07:21 CEST 2014

Hi,

My water meter delivers one pulse per liter consumed. I have a script that counts the pulses (raspberry and piface).

Periodically I want to store in the RRD database  the number of pulses.
The first solution is to periodically store the number of impusions since the last backup.
The second solution is to periodically store the total impusions since the start of counting

Which to choose? The second solution requiring an intermediate backup in case of bugs(!) or system reboot

For graphs, displaying data on last 5 minutes, last hour, last day, last month should be enough.

Thank you for your reply.

Bruno