[rrd-users] Stacking

Devante Vargas devantev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 19:55:18 CEST 2015

I am working on creating a graph for my ping script. It collects, min, max
and average response times. I have added the ::STACK for the AREA after the
first AREA is defined. Problem is it adds the next two on top and moves it
up a notch, e.g. Min response time is 0.42 (this is measured accurately and
on the Y axis it shows it hits 0.42ms) but the next 2, e.g max response
times, 0.64ms, it places it on top of the min area and when aligned with
the Y axis it shows at 1.08ms, and then average, 0.60ms on top of that and
shows aligned at the value of 1.68ms.

Is there anyway to get the max and average to start at zero instead of from
where the last area ended up at?

So far I got this as my syntax:

rrdtool.exe graph graph.png
--title "Daily ICA Port Latency"
--vertical-label "milliseconds"
--slope-mode
--start end-1d -X 0
DEF:def_min=latency.rrd:response:MIN
DEF:def_max=latency.rrd:response:MAX
DEF:def_avg=latency.rrd:response:AVERAGE
CDEF:cdef_min=def_min,1000,/
CDEF:cdef_max=def_max,1000,/
CDEF:cdef_avg=def_avg,1000,/
VDEF:vdef_min=def_min,MINIMUM