[rrd-users] MRTG-RRD PNG update interval

Jimmy Patel jimmy at Brocade.com
Thu Aug 20 02:32:26 CEST 2015

Alright, so updating the graph more frequently than 1 minute will not help visualize the changes. Would it still be possible to see the updated statistics on the text to the right of the graph where it displays the last update, interface name, and MAX, AVG, LAST bps? I changed the .htaccessfile to be M20 where I saw M50 but I do not see those statistics on the right be updated in intervals less than 1 minute. It is only updating after 1 minute. Can that be changed to a finer granularity?

Thank you so much for your help,
Jimmy Patel

From: Steve Shipway [mailto:s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 2:55 PM
To: Jimmy Patel
Subject: RE: MRTG-RRD PNG update interval

The 6h graph is based on a 1min interval, so updates every 1min.  Of course it will work with a 30s interval, but a 6h time window at 400px results in approximately 1min per pixel...

You can modify the routers2 code to change the refresh interval of the graph; however it is likely that rrdtool rolls uptwo data points to one before graphing and so you wont actually see any changes.

Also, check the .htaccess file in the graphs directory.  This will show a 1min timeout for -6- graphs - you can change this to 30s which will avoid the web browser cache holding it for too long.

Steve

Steve Shipway
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz<mailto:s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz>
(GNU Terry Pratchett)