[rrd-users] 1 hour graph on Routers2

Jimmy Patel jimmy at Brocade.com
Wed Aug 26 01:45:33 CEST 2015

Okay that does seem a bit complicated. I made those changes and the 6hr graph looks the same so I think I missed something. With the second solution you offered, would it be possible to scale up the PNG images on the summary page? Right now I have summary page with 6 interfaces (3 rows, 2 columns) but the images look quite small unless clicked on. Would it be possible to fit a graph of that size of the summary page?

Thanks,
Jimmy Patel

From: Steve Shipway [mailto:s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:31 PM
To: Jimmy Patel; rrd-users at lists.oetiker.ch
Subject: RE: 1 hour graph on Routers2

The 6hour graph generated by the Routers2 frontend for MRTG/RRDtool  when the interval is <5min is defined in the code, as this corresponds to 400 data points (the default graph width) at a 1min interval.

If you have a shorter interval, as in your case, you might want to have a shorter graph.  In order to do this, you would need to modify the code for the '6' graph type to support it.

-          The "6 hour" description would need to be modified in initlabels() around line 150

-          The default resolution, interval and seconds would need to be changed around line 497 and 7275

-          The interval calculations around line 3903 and 8675 would need to be altered

-          The graph parameters areound 5012, 5020, 6731 and 6744 would need to change

-          The scale label at 6601

-          The x-axis label definitions at 6873

These are the main ones I can remember; you can see that it is fairly complex, as it is not just giving the graph data width, but tailoring this to the particular graph resolution and so on.

Note that you could simply make a very large graph of 6h width and just look more closely at the detail.

Steve

Steve Shipway
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz<mailto:s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz>
(GNU Terry Pratchett)