[rrd-users] cross-compiling: cannot find -lrrd

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Feb 9 21:40:05 CET 2015

> LD_LIBRARY_PATH will not help you when crosscompiling.

Ah, yes, I should have read it more closely.  I had thought that the problem
was in running the binary after compilation.

> > I tried also put the folder 'lib' with these libraries to the folder 'src'
> > of my test program and include next row to my Makefile:
> > TARGET_LDFLAGS += -I./src/lib
>
> -I is for includes, -L is for library pathes, try -L./src/lib

Yes, add the -L flag to the LDFLAGS with the location of the librrd files.
This should work, as you say.  Cross-compilation is an awkward one, maybe try
to compile statically linked (rather than dynamically) as well?  I think you
use something like "-Wl,-Bstatic" before the -l flag to achieve this.

Steve

Steve Shipway
s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz