[rrd-users] graph is empty, not sure what I am doing wrong

Devante Vargas devantev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 19:30:53 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am working on using RRD to create some Citrix XenApp graphs to show
sessions states.No matter what I've done the graph gets created but no data
is populated into the graph, also how do I get it so that the vertical
column is not in increments of 0.2 but in real measurements of "1". I have
installed the rrdtool on the windows 2008 R2 server which is not a XenApp
server in the farm but I have also run it on a XenApp server and created
the rrd file using the following parameters:

C:\Perl\site\lib\auto\RRDs\rrdtool.exe create SessionState.rrd
--start now
--step 300
DS:Total:GAUGE:600:0:50000
DS:Active:GAUGE:600:0:50000
DS:Disconnected:GAUGE:600:0:50000
DS:Idle:GAUGE:600:0:50000
DS:Down:GAUGE:600:0:50000
DS:Unknown:GAUGE:600:0:50000
RRA:MIN:0.5:12:8760
RRA:MAX:0.5:12:8760
RRA:LAST:0.5:1:105500

I then connect to XenApp and launch a session and runt he update command
using the following:

c:\Perl\site\lib\auto\RRDs\rrdtool.exe update
f:\PSscripts\Common\Get-FarmData\DASHBOARD\DEV_Accounts\SessionState.rrd
N:2:1:1:0:0:0

Once its updated I run the following code to generate the graph:

D:\PSScripts\rrd\rrdtool.exe graph graphs/daily.png
--title "DEVAccounts Citrix Daily Sessions"
--vertical-label Sessions
--width 400
--height 100
--start end-1d
DEF:total=SessionState.rrd:Total:MAX
DEF:active=SessionState.rrd:Active:LAST
DEF:disconnected=SessionState.rrd:Disconnected:LAST
DEF:idle=SessionState.rrd:Idle:LAST
DEF:down=SessionState.rrd:Down:LAST
DEF:unknown=SessionState.rrd:Unknown:LAST
CDEF:LineTotal=total,1,*
CDEF:LineActive=active,1,*
CDEF:LineDisconnected=disconnected,1,*
CDEF:LineIdle=idle,1,*