[rrd-users] Graphing inconsistencies graphing different time slices

Munroe Sollog mus3 at lehigh.edu
Mon Jun 8 16:10:27 CEST 2015

Very interesting.  Thank you for clarifying it.

My problem is, as you can see from the graphing function, I am arbitrarily taking numerous rrds
and adding them together to get a cumulative graph.  While some of these summation graphs are
predictable, many are not; thus I can't store a cumulative rrd in all situations.

My goal is to minimize this disparity that is caused by taking the MAX of a consolidated function.
 I am going to see if using the AVG instead of the MAX of the consolidated function will help, but
if I really want to fix this, my only recourse is to not consolidate? I'd be storing a 1years
worth of 1min slices for ~5000 devices.