[rrd-users] reduce graph generation times

synthnassizer athanasios.silis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 16:12:36 CET 2015

hi all,
I am using rrdtool in an ARM A9 Cortex processor (Freescale iMX6q, 1GB RAM).
There I create png graphs for a web server that runs on the same computer
module.

I am using a ramdrive , to minimize access to the rrd db and saving graphs
times.
But it still takes about 3 seconds to generate 12 graphs and I would like to
reduce that time.

What options do I have?

For example, can I save in uncompressed format (to avoid the compression
time ) ? I did not find such an option in the documentation, but I hope
there may be something I have overlooked.
Are there other options?

Thank you in advance for your help.