[rrd-users] graphing issues

Devante Vargas devantev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 23:23:53 CEST 2015

I am currently looking to create a graph and I've already done a few but
somehow I am having a whale of a time trying to get this one to work.

to create the RRD I

rrdtool.exe create citrix_load.rrd
--start $dt
--step 3600
DS:load:GAUGE:7200:0:900000
DS:servers:GAUGE:7200:0:9000
DS:lbo:GAUGE:7200:0:9000
DS:sessions:GAUGE:7200:0:20000
RRA:MIN:0.5:1:8765
RRA:MAX:0.5:1:8765
RRA:LAST:0.5:1:8765

to update it I have in powershell executing the following as an example
(the values were captured at the time I ran the script:

rrdtool update citrix_load.rrd N:2433:15:0:102

to graph it I have the following:

rrdtool.exe graph Application_Servers-1d.png
--vertical-label percentage
--width 600
--height 200
--start end-1d
DEF:wgloadcurrent=citrix_load.rrd:load:LAST
CDEF:cdefwgloadcurrent=/ 9000 * 100
VDEF:vdefwgloadcurrent=cdefwgloadcurrent,LAST
AREA:cdefwgloadcurrent#0033CC

The issue is, even though the png gets created, there is no data in the
graph. I have double checked to see if there is any data in the rrd file
and there is no Area or when I used the LINE parameter there was no line
either.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Devante