[rrd-users] Reserved tokens in CDEF names

Wiest, Damian damian.wiest at apervita.com
Wed Apr 27 23:07:05 CEST 2016

Greetings all.

I'm using Cacti to generate my charts and ran into an issue with it
generating a bad rrdtool command-line.  I'm not sure if the issue lies
with rrdtool not accepting a valid graph definition, or if Cacti is
doing something it shouldn't.

$ /usr/bin/rrdtool graph - \
DEF:cf='/usr/share/cacti/rra/cpu.rrd':'cpu':AVERAGE \
CDEF:a='cf' \
LINE1:a#000FFF:'CPU0'

$ ERROR: don't understand 'cf'

Renaming the DEF and CDEF to something other than "cf" resolves the error.

Is this intentional?  "cf" would appear to be a valid vname based on
the rrdgraph_data document.

Thanks!

-Damian

--

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission may contain confidential
or legally privileged information that is intended only for the individual

Apervita ® is a registered trademark of Apervita Inc.