[rrd-users] Can I integrate only a subset of rrdlib?

Ajit Bapat bapaj at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 07:01:31 CET 2016

Hello,

I am trying to integrate rrdlib in a production platform.  I plan to use rrd to only store and fetch time-series data values.  I would never use graphing capabilities.   I have two questions.

  1)  Do we have a way to enable / integrate only a subset of rrdtool - I would like to eliminate large number of libraries used to render text, create graphs, internationalization etc

  2)  Is there a way to identify and isolate dependency on GLIBC_2_4 for libc.so.6 expected by librrd - my platform uses an older version of libc and upgrading it to a later version is proving disruptive to production.   Is there a way to use older libc.so.6?

Thanks for your help.