[rrd-users] Installing rrdtool on Linux machine

azeddine bezzir a_bezzir at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 29 15:13:48 CET 2016

Thank you, but what will be the imapct on the installed/running rpm if the below commands are executed?
 yum clean all
yum makecache

BR.    Le Lundi 29 février 2016 14h28, zep <zgreenfelder at gmail.com> a écrit :

 On 02/29/2016 08:09 AM, azeddine bezzir wrote:
> Yes i noticed that the post i shared is old, but have no choice, i
> couldn't find new ones.
>
> Thank you for your time. i will try to do what do you suggested.
>
> Best regards.

before you go too far off into the weeds with attempting to download
everything and compile your own software, I suggest you keep to the path
of yum or at least make sure you have yum fixed; it should be doing all
of the dependency work for you.

from the errors and the age of your OS/kernel, I suspect the data that
has been cached by yum is no longer valid, perhaps a mirror has shutdown.

I'd do:
    yum clean all
    yum makecache
    yum install rrdtool

of course as others mentioned, without a working network connection to
the world, you'll get nowhere slow.  You'd likely do well to update your
OS (yum update), although that's probably not strictly required to get
rrdtool working.

--
public gpg key id: 0x5B8147CB