[rrd-users] RRD Graph Data

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 15:17:14 CEST 2016

Leandro Costa <contato at leandrocosta.pro.br> wrote:

> Hi Alex, I'm not graphing 24h. I've made a test with a single point in time, same start and and date/time ( 20160608 18:00 ).
> The graph shows one value while the rrdfetch gives me other one.

And what resolutions do you have consolidations for, and what consolidations are the two commands giving you ?

rrdgraph will automatically select the highest resolution that covers the required timespan, I don't know what rrdfetch will select by default. It may be worth explicitly specifying the resolution to be used and see what difference that makes.
What I'm trying to say is that the graph may be showing the average for the previous 5 minute period, while fetch is showing you the average for the previous 30 minutes.