[rrd-users] [Fwd: Suppress graph output on on empty data (e.g. min=0, max=0)]

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 18:09:00 CET 2016

Karsten Siegmund <karsten.siegmund at uni-ulm.de> wrote:

> As to 2), I found this post to the list from 2007
> https://lists.oetiker.ch/pipermail/rrd-users/2007-September/013179.

It would help if you didn't miss the html off the end ;-)

> I guess no further solution has been forthcoming for that problem since
> 2007?

Probably so

> Is the problem an unusual one that one has many graphs, but not all of
> them are of interest (e.g. contain data!=0) for a certain timespan?

I suspect it's not sufficiently widespread and/or the people needing the feature are already working around it. Eg, if you are building your own CGI applications then it's not really much extra work to handle it then.
Or put another way, it's a known problem, but it's easily worked around - so not really much incentive to build anything better.