[rrd-users] What is the best strategy to count the events

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Tue Mar 29 10:37:12 CEST 2016

Hi,

I want to define an rrd to count the virus detected in my email.

Every 5 minutes I update the rrd, usng an exact timestamp and the number
of viruses detected in the last 300 seconds period.

What should I do for the periods with no virus? Do an update with the
value 0 or do nothing?

And how to define the DS and the RRA so I can have the total number of
viruses found by 2 hours slots, byfor weekly, monthly, yearly graphs?

Thanks in advance,

Olivier