[rrd-users] Confusion about VDEF total and graph values

humke arjan.hummel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:28:55 CEST 2016

I am already using three RRD's (three files):

1. power: stores 2 values: power from the grid and power to the grid every
10 secs
2. sun: stores 1 value: power generated by solar panels every minute
3. gas: stores 1 value: stores the hourly updated gas counter value every
10 secs

1 and 3 are updated from the same script that reads the smart meter. I
could make the script more intelligent and only have it update the gas rrd
when needed (or copy the script and only let it work on the gas part and
then run it hourly), but from a functional point of view I don't think it
matters. It would help on some I/O, CPU and in the end probably will make
my SD Card in the raspberry PI live longer (the rrd file is being allocated
in advance  so the gas value will be written at the same location on the SD
Card many times per hour in my case, right?).

Arjan

Groet,
Arjan