[rrd-users] Confusion about VDEF total and graph values

Bram bram.langen at mail.com
Fri Oct 14 16:57:47 CEST 2016

Arjan,

I use 3 databases as well.  But I only write the gas database once per hour,
to reduce the wear on the SD card.  As Pavel writes, cards may have wear
leveling, which certainly helps prolong the life of the card.  Reducing
writes by a factor of 360 is 'free for grabs' so I took it.  Personally, I
think it makes creating the graphs using RRD-tool a lot easier, as you do
not have to worry about all the bogus zero rates you introduced in the
database.  When I now have a zero rate, then I indeed did not use any gas
during that period.

Bram