[rrd-users] rrdtool::graph and German weekday names

Joachim Hartmann joachim.hartmann at gmx-topmail.de
Tue Nov 7 12:58:25 CET 2017

Hi Tobi,
Am 05.11.2017 um 11:56 schrieb Tobias Oetiker:
> Hi Joachim
>
> ----- On Nov 4, 2017, at 12:13 PM, Joachim Hartmann joachim.hartmann at gmx-topmail.de wrote:
>
>> Only the question is, is that what Tobi meant!
>
> what I meant is that the locale settings could be different when running this under the webservers control as a cgi
>
> so you have to make sure the locale settings are set for cgis as well.
>
> cheers
> tobi

it took me a while, but now I have checked this perl script in my browser.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
#! /usr/bin/perl -w
#
use POSIX qw (strftime);
use POSIX' strftime';
use POSIX qw (locale_h);
use strict;
use CGI;
use warnings;
use locale;

print CGI:: header ();
print "setlocale (LC_ALL, 0):". setlocale (LC_ALL, 0) "<br>\n";
print "setlocale (LC_ALL, \"\"):". setlocale (LC_ALL,""). "<br>\n";
my @weekday;
#
for (1... 7) {
    $weekday[$_] = strftime ("%a", 0,0,0,0, $_, 3,96);
    print "$weekday[$_]<br>";
}
++++++++++++++++++++++

Apache2 is installed on the server and lighthptd on the raspberries. The
output is the same for both of them, in English!

setlocale (LC_ALL, 0):
setlocale (LC_ALL,""): C
Mon
do