[rrd-users] Increase length of RRD variable data, without losing preexisting data?

Wolfgang Stoeggl c72578 at yahoo.de
Tue Apr 23 11:54:50 CEST 2019

Hello,
you can use "rrdtool info" in order to find out the required information.
You will find both, the rra_num and the info about the rows.

Example:
rrdtool info df_complex-free.rrd

rrdtool resize df_complex-free.rrd 0 GROW 5200
This creates the file resize.rrd

rrdtool info resize.rrd

Have a look at the value of rra[0].rows from info, before and after resize.
For further details see [1].

Best regards
Wolfgang

[1] https://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdresize.en.html

Am Montag, 22. April 2019, 22:56:51 MESZ hat strombrg <strombrg at gmail.com> Folgendes geschrieben:

I tried:
rrdtool resize df_complex-free.rrd 0 GROW 5200
...and it exited with a 0 status.

But how can I tell if it's working, without waiting long enough for the
graphs to visibly change?

Also, how can I be sure I specified the correct rra-num?  I have a handful
of RRA's in my rrd files.

Thanks!