[smokeping-users] Re: ERROR: x.y has no probe defined

Dan Tucny dan at tucny.com
Wed Apr 24 02:43:20 MEST 2002

> I have installed smokeping-1.7 on FreeBSD 4.5.  I modified the config
> suit my needs, though its not working.  Fping is polling the specified
> hosts at the specified intervals and putting data into RRDs, and in
the
> summary pages I get summary graphs, but when I click on the graphs for
> details I get the error:
>
> ERROR: Internet.Root-Servers has no probe defined

Hi,

	is there anything in the webserver error log?

I think this might happen if the fping binary is executable by the user
the smokeping daemon runs under, but not by the user the webserver runs
under. Running under SpeedyCGI complicates things a bit, so make sure to
kill the old 'speedy' process when testing.

<snip>

Thanks!

My problem was that the webserver user didn't have execute permissions
on the fping binary, not that it should need them mind...

Dan