[smokeping-users] Re: representation/display of targets

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Dec 1 22:49:55 MET 2002

Today Nipper, Arnold wrote:

> Obviously targets are not displayed the order listed in your config. That's
> annoying esp. if you have a lot of targets. E.g. all my targets are labelled
> with the IP address associated. When displayed this is sorted. Awfull as
> plain sort on IP addresses does not work well.
>
> Proposal: add an option sortmode with values "asis", "natsort" and "sort"
> with meaning
>
>  "asis": display the same order as in config
>  "natsort": à la PHP's natural sort
>  "sort": same algorith as currently used

Dear Arnold,

This sounds good to me ... though you might want to make it so,
that this option can be set within the tree, to have diferent parts
of the tree sorted by different methodes ... the option would then
affect all nodes directly below the node where the option is
defined and all thereir children unless they would define another
option themselfes ...

> Regards, Arnold
> --
> Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
> email: arnold at nipper.de
> phone:/mobile: +49 172 2650958
> fax: +49 6224 9259 333
>

> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager Coach Time Lord Developer Designer
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker +41(0)1-632-5286