[smokeping-users] smokeping dying without any trace

Atul Gosain atul at mindsw.com
Fri Dec 6 14:04:32 MET 2002

Hi

I m using smokeping 1.14 since some months now. There is a problem that
comes sometime(allthough rarely) and is bugging me right now. The
smokeping processes get killed without anyone doing anything and above
it when they are started they dont remain running for more than 5 sec
and get killed after some time.
This problem came before also but i was not able to track down the
reason because there are no logs associated with smokeping. The next day
i came , i started the smokeping processes and they ran fine without any
problem. I couldnt understand the behaviour. I have checked the date ,
the date did not changed neither there was too much load on the server
at that time when it was killed. I m using redhat 7.1 on the server and
smokeping 1.14 is running on it.
Any Clues somebody.....

Thanks
Atul