[smokeping-users] smokeping and target

anju anju at esparkinfotech.com
Tue Dec 31 08:08:46 MET 2002

hello everybody,
I have few doubts .hopefully someone can clear it for me.

1. I have successfully installed cacti in my system( redhat 7.2 ) . The cgi
script also runs perfectly .Now the problem is : When i click on my target in
the cgi file, it gives me the following error :

Opening '/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/dist/var/Google_last_10800.png' for write:
Permission denied
Opening '/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/dist/var/Google_last_108000.png' for write:
Permission denied

Which permissions is it talking about???? Do help me out!

2. although i get no output, it surely does create .rrd files in the
directory i had specified in the smokeping config file.  I tried running the
rrdtool command on the shell prompt , and it successfully displays my graphs.
     now , in this case, my doubt is : smokeping doesn't display the packet
loss in graph format but just gives me the average %loss in the side of the
graph. Now, in order to represent the packet loss in graph format , what unit
should i put on the y-axis. If suppose i display it in % format, will it
consider (0-1 ) or (0-10) or (0-100) on Y axis.  Truely speaking, i am not
clear about  how the Y axis settings are done ???
I will be really grateful if someone could help me out with it.

Thank u
anju
--

All a man can betray is his conscience.