[smokeping-users] REt: Re: Re: Antwort: Re: ÿso-8859-1?Q?can´t_locate_object_method_ ???

Stefan.Wiederoder at kaufland.de Stefan.Wiederoder at kaufland.de
Wed Feb 27 13:31:32 MET 2002

Hello Tobias / Paul,

here´s the part of my config, fping is located in the proper place:

northpole:/opt/smokeping/etc # which fping
/usr/sbin/fping

"Last 30 Hours"   30h
"Last 10 Days"    10d
"Last 400 Days"   400d

*** Probes ***

+ FPing

binary = /usr/sbin/fping

*** Targets ***

probe = FPing

menu = Top
title = Network Latency Grapher
remark = Welcome

bye
,
Stefan

"Paul C. Williamson" <pwilliamson at mandtbank.com> am 27.02.2002 12:28:28

An:     <oetiker at ee.ethz.ch>, <Stefan.Wiederoder at kaufland.de>,
        <smokeping-users at list.ee.ethz.ch>
Kopie:
Thema:  Re: [smokeping-users] Re: Antwort: Re:
        ÿso-8859-1?Q?can´t_locate_object_method_???

That's what bit me.  My fping executable was not in
the right location and I was getting a similar
problem.

Paul

Today Stefan.Wiederoder at kaufland.de wrote:

> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/RRDp.pm

> So I put the path to rrdtool to /usr/lib - is this correct ?

nope, it would be /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/ but because
rrdtool is installed in the perl default location .. so this use
lib is not necessary at all ...

> running smokeping still says:
>
> northpole:/opt/smokeping/bin # ./smokeping
> Can't locate object method "new" via package "probes::FPing" (perhaps you
> forgot to load "probes::FPing"?) at
/opt/smokeping-1.1/lib/probes/FPing.pm
> line 36.

the problem has todo with the dynamic loading of the probes::FPing
module. I can not see though what is hitting you there ... maybe
the Probes section of your config file ?