[smokeping-users] Re: announce smokeping 0.99.8

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Jan 3 23:20:56 MET 2002

One suggestion:

Put your data files in a non-version specific directory.  I was not
forethinking enough, and put the data in a directory called:

/usr/local/bin/smokegping/var

where smokeping was a symlink to the actual version.  When moving
from .7 to .8, I realized this was not a good idea.   I played around a
little, and ended up putting the data into:

/usr/local/smokedata

Works much better.  At least until I come up with some other way to do it...

nice mod on the color!

I don't know if this translates, but shouldn't it be "nodaemon" ?

Paul
>>> Tobias Oetiker <oetiker at ee.ethz.ch> 01/03/02 04:34PM >>>

Folks,

Smokeping 0.99.8 is out on
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/smokeping/pub

The most visible change is the new color scheme which provides
higher resolution at low loss sytuations ... because as it was
pointed out to me, it does not realy matter if you loose 50% or 60%
the question is if you loose any ...

* Change colors for LOSS display ... make small losses simpler to see
* Sort Graphs in Overview
* --nodemon option
* Allow cgi urls with https://

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ / phoneto:+41(0)1-632-5286  faxto:+41(0)1-632-1517
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/ mailto:oetiker at ee.ethz.ch http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker