[smokeping-users] Re: smokeping 0.99.11 is out

Hal Burgiss hal at foobox.net
Wed Jan 23 03:58:14 MET 2002

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 11:59:10PM +0100, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> as I said ... newer better cooler ..
>
> 2002/01/22 -- 0.99.11
>
> * files which must be modified are now named *.dist (thanks paul)
> * added maxrtt configurable

This seems to work well. It doesn't seem to effect the Overview, but
not a big deal ...

> * introduced new colors for link uptime using INF
> * added thin black line 'connecting the 'measurements'

After looking through some of these, it does seem the scaling that is
killing the smoke. My IU right now has virtually no smoke, especially
on the longer term graphs that have more variability. Most of the
others still look very smoky :)

I also notice my IU Overview spikes to 10 seconds. I quickly rumaged
through the code to see what options fping is using, without luck. Is
it really reporting 10 second RTTs?  If so, would it make sense to cut
this off at some lower threshold?

--
Hal Burgiss