[smokeping-users] Re: smokeping-0.99.12

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Jan 24 14:40:14 MET 2002

IMHO, yes, I'd like to see it without the numbering on the left
side of the graph.  If you can combine that with putting either
the current median RTT in the overview (right beside the text),
or the average median RTT.  Now that you say that, I figured
the number in the overview graph would be the same one in
the "Last x hours" graph, the one at the top of the four.  If the
overview had only the current RTT, but the detail had both, that
would be perfect.

I'm not saying I'd change the colors, I'm just guessing there will
be people who probably want to do that sort of thing.

I'm guessing since you didn't comment on the last item, it involves
a little bit more thought?  From looking at the rrd and the code for
creating RRAs, it would have to be rethought, eh?

Paul

Yesterday Paul C. Williamson wrote:

> I'd like to see the median RTT in the overview.

you mean the average median ? and also the 'current median rtt'

> The graphs seem way too busy with all the extra horizontal
> lines in them now.  Plus, since forcing numbers every so often,
> it really distracts from the overall "cleanliness" of the overview.
> Everything on the overview graphs seems way too "smushed" now.

so you prefer the old stile where you sometimes have 'no number' ?

> Ability to change the color of the median RTT line.

ok

> Ability to define the colors for increasing loss.

this is easily done ...

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland