[smokeping-users] Re: Question on colors with smokeping 0.99.13

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sun Jan 27 10:47:24 MET 2002

Yesterday Jim Morris wrote:

> Hi Tobi,
>
> I hate to bother you again, but this still did not work for me.  My
> environment is Solaris 2.6 and perl 5.6.1.  I'm not a perl programmer,
> but I took the regular expression and created a C test program using
> regcomp/regexec and I had to enable the REG_EXTENDED flag before it
> indicated a match with "#26ff00".  (I am a little confused as to why
> "#[0-9a-f]{6}" would be considered an extended expression...unless it is
> the brackets.)

ok, it does work now ... 0.99.16 is out

the problem was, that the config parser eats everything after #
for the time being I have thus changed the syntax to rrggbb
(without the #)

> I don't know if this is portable or not, but I was thinking you could
> have a configuration directive that would be passed to strftime to
> format the date.  e.g. "%a %b %d %T %Y %Z" .

OK, there is now configurable strftime (this requires the perl
POSIX module, but this is standard in perl, so there should be no
problem)

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland