[smokeping-users] Re: Another suggestion...

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Jan 28 22:21:39 MET 2002

A probe to utilize Cisco's CISCO-PING-MIB.  Cisco has a proprietary
way for one cisco device to ping another one and report that time
back to another device.  I have no idea if I can do this with smokeping,
but I'd really like to try.

As for the servers, why not just add their IP addresses to smokeping?
My network guys are pretty impressed with the tool, as it closely
reflects what is going on with our network...

Paul

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 01:23:49PM -0500, Paul C. Williamson wrote:

> IOW, I'm trying to write a probe, using FPing as a guide, that
> uses something other than ICMP ECHO pings.  I would like to

Out of curiosity, what are you working on? I'd thought a probe to test
server response time might something useful.

--
Hal Burgiss