[smokeping-users] Problems with EchoPing Probe

Jeff Cotterman jeff.cotterman at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 12 19:09:04 MET 2002

Does anyone have a working config that uses EchoPing?  I need to use it,
as I need to check the latency on a couple mail servers that do not
respond to ping, however when I add it my config and restart, I get the
following error:

Restarting smokeping: ### fping seems to report in 1 miliseconds
Base class package "probes::basevars" is empty.
 (Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package
first.) at
/usr/lib/perl5/smokeping//probes/basefork.pm line 64
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/smokeping//probes/basefork.pm
line 64.
 ...propagated at /usr/share/perl/5.6.1/base.pm line 18.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/smokeping//probes/EchoPing.pm
line 121.

Cheers,

Jeff