[smokeping-users] Re: Type of numbers in the .rrd files

Edson(Yahoo) liger_dc at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 17 16:21:38 MEST 2002

Ok, so one more stupid question. Then my next guess is that you divide the loss column(in secs) by
the sum of the 20 pping columns to get the loss as a percent?

--- Tobias Oetiker <oetiker at ee.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Today Edson(Yahoo) wrote:
>

> > Below is the .rrd file for one of the isps that I am pinging. I am parsing this output for use
> in
> > a script and would like to know what units is the loss column recorded in. I am guessing it is
> in
> > seconds but then the 'e-02' whould screw that up. Does anyone here know, or I guess Tobi will
> have
> > to answer this one himself.
>
> yes, we are talking seconds here ...
>
> cheers
> tobi
>
> --
> /_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
>  / // _ \/ _ \/ / phoneto:+41(0)1-632-5286  faxto:+41(0)1-632-1517
> /_/ \.__/_.__/_/ oetiker at ee.ethz.ch http://google.com/search?q=tobi

=====
Fridays; The culmination of my procrastination - Edson Manners

Edson Manners
Academic Computing & Networking Services
Florida State University