[smokeping-users] Re: cgi line 7 error

Brett Marler brett at asroma.homeip.net
Wed Apr 2 12:33:44 MEST 2003

Zeeshan,
> i am asking this 2nd time, why i am getting these erros, is ther any permissions
> problem????? Please help me out from these
I did respond to your first e-mail, with some pointers about reading Tobi's
installation guide. I have no idea if you have done this or not, have you
actually got around to installing the Speedy:CGI perl module? If not, read
Tobi's installation guide.

> Can't locate Smokeping.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/zeeshan/smokeping/lib/
<(snip)
I would say Smokeping cannot gain access to the Perl modules it needs. Yes, I
would say this is a permission issue. I have no idea what version of
Linux/Unix you are running, if you are running Redhat by default it creates
permissions of "700" for all home directories. I would suggest moving the
Smokeping directory to something more conventional like /usr/local or whatever
takes your fancy. If you cannot do this, try "chmod 777 /home/zeeshan/" and
work back from there.

But I would suggest reading Tobi's installation guide, it should answer most
of your questions and verify you have everything you need installed.

Regards.
--
Brett Marler <brett at asroma.homeip.net>
WWW:	http://asroma.homeip.net/

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: application/pgp-signature