[smokeping-users] Re: Problem with IOSPing

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Sat Apr 26 17:53:13 MEST 2003

> Dear Tobi,
>    I wonder if it is possible to add a variable for source IP for the advanced Ping in IOSPing. If it's possible, what could I do? Thanks a lot.
I've just patched the IOSPing.pm to be able to specify the source-interface (you cannot specify the IP in the IOS ping command, at least not the rsh way).
Maybe this helps, the changed IOSPing.pm is attached. You just have to insert "iossrcif" i.e.:
--- cut ---
++++ PROBE_CONF
ioshost = router
iosuser = smoke
iossrcif = FastEthernet0/0

May be the author (Paul J Murphy <paul at murph.org>) wants to integrate this into the IOSPing-probe sometime as I think it's quite vital to specify the source..
BTW, I'm (still) thinking of the best solution creating an SAA/RTR probe using SNMP which would be more convinient to use without creating the "rsh" security-hole.. Also there's a Cisco ping-mib which would also be smoother. But besides the "rsh-issue" I really like the idea of IOSPringProbe..

regards

Michael

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- Desc: IOSPing.pm