[smokeping-users] Problems with DNS.pm

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Mon Apr 28 19:59:37 MEST 2003

Hi,

I just tried to setup the DNS.pm probe from within smokeping 1.20 but had several problems:
as far as I can tell, seems like somthing gets parsed wrong (string msec instead of value):

--- cut ---
> /usr/local/smokeping/bin/smokeping --debug
### assuming you are using an IOS reporting in miliseconds
### dig seems to report in  miliseconds
### fping seems to report in 1 miliseconds
Launched successfully
IOSPing: probing 0 targets
EchoPingHttps: probing 0 targets
EchoPingHttp: probing 0 targets
FPing: probing 0 targets
EchoPing: probing 0 targets
EchoPingSmtp: probing 0 targets
DNS: probing 6 targets
Argument "msec" isn't numeric in sort at /usr/local/smokeping/lib/probes/DNS.pm line 100.
Argument "msec" isn't numeric in sort at /usr/local/smokeping/lib/probes/DNS.pm line 100.
...(20 times which is my "pings" value)...

my dig output looks like this: