[smokeping-users] Alerts

Simon Westlake simon.westlake at bizwi.rr.com
Mon Aug 25 17:20:59 MEST 2003

Smokeping question:

I turned on the alerts, but it seems to notify me everytime the event happens. What I would like it to do is only notify me if the status changes.

For example:

If I set an alert to to email me when packetloss goes over 5% for 15 minutes, I would like it to only email me once, unless the status changes again.
If router A is doing 5%> packetloss for 4 hours, I don't want to be emailed 16 times. If it does 5%> packetloss for 2 hours, then 1% packetloss for 1 hour, then 5%> packetloss for 4 hours, I only want to be emailed twice.

Is there any way to do this? Right now, I am using the alerts to monitor 1200 devices, and if someone unplugs their modem/router for a day, I start getting spammed.