[smokeping-users] Re: Needed Windows 2000 compatible smokeping version ASAP....Pls Support

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Dec 10 15:53:34 MET 2003

While I don't presume to speak for Tobi, I don't think the question is
'when' but more one of 'IF'. It's not going to happen until all the
prerequisite programs (fping, speedyCGI, etc) run under windows, many of
which Tobi does not maintain. You _may_ have some success using cygwin
but I haven't heard of anyone trying. Not to put a damper on your
enthusiasm but I personally wouldn't count on it happening and begin
pursuing alternative methods (like running it under some flavor of Unix
as it was designed).

If you're a programmer, I'm sure the relevant parties would be
interested in any patches you come up with to get it to work.

--
Marc