[smokeping-users] Re: Graphing same data continuously

Simon Westlake simon.westlake at bizwi.rr.com
Fri Dec 12 16:28:39 MET 2003

The graph is inaccurate; I wish it had caught the parts before.

Generally, it's 'smokey' showing the different pings at different times - when it starts to not work, it graphs the same block of data and misses parts (the device is not offline, as I'm pinging it outside Smokeping to verify this.)

Take a look at 7:40 to 8am for example - seems unlikely that the pingtimes would be EXACTLY the same over and over.

Check http://24.123.87.13/image2.png - the device is up right now, but the graph is empty (and Smokeping is running.)

Taking devices out of the smokeping config and restarting it sometimes makes it work - it did run all night fine, until I added 6 more devices and restarted it again.

-----