[smokeping-users] Re: SMOKEPING.CGI ERROR

Mukesh Bavisi mukesh.bavisi at exponential-e.com
Fri Feb 7 09:45:35 MET 2003

Brett

Thanks, that worked like a dream.

Muk

Big thanks to every one else as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: smokeping-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch
[mailto:smokeping-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of Brett
Marler
Sent: 06 February 2003 11:07
To: Mukesh Bavisi
Cc: smokeping-users at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [smokeping-users] Re: SMOKEPING.CGI ERROR

> I have attached the logs below, it tell me that is can't find
> smokeping.pm, Do you know what could be causing that.
What "user" (1) does your apache daemon run as? If you don't know how to
tell,
do a "ps auxwww | grep httpd" and check what username owns the
processes.

Then check and make sure that (1) can access the directory you have
Smokeping
installed to (in you case it's "/home/muk/smokeping-1.18/". By default,
Redhat
sets permissions of 700 to users created under /home/. Well, at least it
does
on my copy of 7.2.

You will need to fiddle around with the permissions (as stated by Paul)
so
that the user who runs the Apache daemon can read the libraries
contained
under /home/muk/smokeping-1.18. Try starting at 777 and working
backwards from
there.

Regards.
--
Brett Marler <brett at asroma.homeip.net>
WWW:	http://asroma.homeip.net/

-- Err : No filename to use for decode, file stripped.
-- Type: application/pgp-signature