[smokeping-users] Fw: IPv6 usage (was: IPv6 only usage)

Christian Hahn hahn at berkom.de
Mon Jul 7 14:18:09 MEST 2003

Hi,

still having trouble with IPv6. Solved, the problem with the warning
messages by installing Socket6. Thought I had done this before, but it was
not the case.
No more warning messages when I'm start smokeping, but IPv6 is not working, still
100% loss for all defined targets.
- I tried with DNS names and IPv6 addresses.
- I checked fping6 manually with my targets, it works without problems.
- Logfile gives no error messages:

Jul  7 13:06:51 www-server smokeping[9470]: Launched successfully
Jul  7 13:06:51 www-server smokeping[9470]: FPing6: probing 14 targets
Jul  7 13:06:51 www-server smokeping[9470]: FPing: probing 1 targets
Jul  7 13:06:51 www-server smokeping[9470]: DNS: probing 4 targets

- I checked with tcpdump, but no ICMPv6 packets leaving the host to the
  specified targets.

Has anyone got smokeping successfully running with IPv6 targets? Any ideas
welcome.

One more question: What in detail is the meaning of the 'probe' statements in
Level1 in the config file? Does it mean a default probe for all targets
without a 'probe' statement or is it used for the following targets until the
next probe statement is made?

regards,
Christian

----- Forwarded message from Christian Hahn <hahn at berkom.de> -----